Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lord, I'm Here and I'm Waiting on You

I have found in my life that anything I try to do on my own seems to fail.  Honestly, I have no idea why I think my plans or ideas are better than the Lord's above, but often I get the mentality that I know how things should be.  I don't take the time to stop and ask God for directions because I think my GPS won't steer me wrong.  My GPS can easily lose signal and when it does, it repeats, "turn left" over and over again; sending me in circles.  So, don't let your GPS send you turning left when you can easily access God's GPS through prayer and He will always send you turning right.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105 KJV

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV



Lord, I'm Here and I'm Waiting on You

I'm walking down this narrow path
Unsure of where it leads
The night grows dark oh so fast
Til black is all I can see
But I don't scare too easily
I have no reason to fear
I know You are on Your way
I know You are so near

So, I won't run and I won't hide
From the things I cannot see
I won't jump and I won't scream
From the things surrounding me
I will stand here strong & bold
I will remain faithful & true
For I know You will protect me
So, Lord, I'm here and I'm waiting on You

There You are in the nick of time
With a light so big and bright 
It's a miracle knowing You are here
Turning the darkness into light
You see what is in front of me
And prepare my every step
You take my hand and lead the way
So I can be exactly where I need to get

So, I won't run and I won't hide
Because You are here with me
I won't jump and I won't scream
Because You are all I can see
You give me strength to be so bold
Even when I haven't got a clue
My eyes are focused on You alone
And Lord, I'm here and I'm waiting on You


-LaDawn Cossey
December 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment