Monday, October 28, 2013

Pushing Through The Crowd

And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be made whole.  But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.  And the woman was made whole from that hour.  Matthew 9:20-22 KJV

Pushing Through The Crowd
She was a woman diseased
She knew of a certain man
Who worked miracles for people
I’m not sure if she could stand
But through the crowd
She made her way
Her faith was strong
On that glorious day
As she got close enough
To touch the hem of His clothes
Perhaps she didn’t think He would feel
Her presence so small, but all He knows
He knew she was there all along
Pushing her way closer to Him
Knowing her faith in Him so strong
She knew by just touching His hem
He would do her no wrong
For He made her whole
Because her faith in Him was so strong
Twelve long years of disease
God healed her and now it was gone.
 
I’m pushing through the crowd
Getting closer with every step
My faith growing stronger
The closer to Him I get
Then pain and doubt push me down
So on my hands and knees I crawl
Wiggling through the crowd I go
Just need my Saviour, that’s all
I believe if I reach Him
All things will be made whole
I just need to touch the hem
This is my ultimate goal
I see the miracles He performs
For all those surrounding me
And I know He knows I’m here
And the closer to Him I will be
I’m almost there, oh yes I am
I’m stretching forth my hand
To touch the hem of His garment
So that I may be whole again
 
LaDawn Cossey
October 28, 2013

And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased;  And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.  Matthew 14:35-36 KJV

I feel like I’m pushing through the crowd.  I’m just trying to get to where I need to be.  I see God working miracles left and right for all the people around me.  I feel so selfish thinking, God what about me?  God performs these big miracles for others and it’s like I’m down on my knees unable to get up, knowing that what I need is so mediocre compared to the needs of others.  Which could probably be God telling me that I need to focus on the needs of others rather than my own small needs.  But still, my needs are closer on my mind.  It’s not that I’m not happy to see the great things God does in others lives; it is just that I want those things for myself too.  I know God can do it, but sometimes I just can’t see anything happening.  So, here I am.  I’m pushing, wiggling, and squeezing my way through the crowd because I know my God is so much bigger than any problem, want, or need that I have in my life.  If only I could reach the hem of his garment.  Only then will I feel the Power of being made complete.  Only then will my faith make me whole. 

I could turn from the crowd and seek to solve things on my own, but what I would find would only be temporary and what I want; what I need is the security only found in a Saviour that is everlasting.  I’m seeking the things of God; I’m not seeking the things of this world.  So, here I am, saying this to myself, Don’t give up!  Keep on pushing through the crowd to get what is right in the eyes of God because settling for anything less will leave you empty when you can have what God has for you.  You can and will be made whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment