Thursday, September 12, 2013

God, Please Lead The Way!

I was going through some old notes that I had on facebook this morning hoping that maybe I could find a poem to put up and I came across this poem that I wrote exactly 3 years ago.  When I noticed the date that I wrote it, I knew it was exactly what God would have me post today.  It makes me think of where I was at that time in my life and where I am today.  I have come so far in my life since then and I praise God for that.  Although I still question and pray about where life is going for me sometimes, I find comfort in knowing that God is leading the way!


God, Please Lead The Way
 
I sit here looking at an empty page,
There is so much I want to write on it.
But how do I say what it is I really want to say,
Without feeling stupid or like an idiot?
Who would even care to know,
What is running through my mind.
I just need answers to questions,
I need something as simple as a sign.
I want everything to be right,
And no clue if it ever will be.
If only I could look into the future,
To see what only God has planned for me.
Would it make things clearer inside my head
Or spoil a wonderful surprise?
If only I was a patient person,
If only I were a little more wise.
God, give me the wisdom I desperately seek,
God, give me the patience I need every day.
God, point me in the right direction,
God,  please lead the way!
 
-LaDawn Cossey
September 12, 2010
 

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.  Proverbs 3:6



No comments:

Post a Comment