Wednesday, January 15, 2014

He Was The First Man

 
He Was The First Man


He was the first man to hold me in his arms
And gaze upon my face with unconditional love
His touch of protection was so strong
Yet as gentle and soft as the clouds up above
 
He was the first man to wipe tears from my eyes
He never wanted for my heart to be broken
Words of encouragement with strength and love
Were the kinds of words to me he had spoken
 
He was the first man to give me a kiss
So gentle and pure, so soft and so sweet
He never wanted to let me go too far
I was someone he safely wanted to keep
 
He would have given me the world if he could
He would have granted my every heart's desire
But he gave me more than this world could ever offer
His unconditional love was all I really require
 
I realize I wasn't the first girl he held in his arms
I wasn't the first girl to know of his love so true
And I know he still loves those girls as he does me
But to be honest, it doesn't make me feel blue
 
I don't mind sharing his love with those other girls
I have no reason to feel any form of jealousy
For the love I know he feels for those three girls
I know he also feels the same love for me
 
He was the first man to ever hold those girls too
The first man to ever love them and the first to ever love me
So it is safe to say he is very special to all four of us
For he is the only man we will ever call our Daddy
 
-LaDawn Cossey
January 15, 2014
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment