Monday, November 18, 2013

LaDawn 101



Who am I?  I’m sure at some point and time in your life that you have been asked to describe yourself in some way.  Lately, I have seen on facebook people liking a status and then being given a number.  Then they have to tell that number of facts about themselves.  So, I’m challenging myself to think of 101 things about myself that you may or may not know about me.    

1.       I am a Christian.

2.      I am the mother of two children.

3.      I am 35 years old.

4.      I am single.

5.      I got saved and baptized when I was 16 years old.

6.      I backslid when I was about 20 years old.

7.      I rededicated my life back to God about a year and a half ago.

8.      I love the Lord with all my heart!

9.      I didn’t used to be, but now I am extremely picky when it comes to dating.  Basically, because now I will only date a Christian man.

10.   With that being said and good Christian men being so hard to find, I haven’t been on a date in over a year.

11.   A close friend of mine and I got matching rings when we were teenagers.  They were to remind us to save ourselves for marriage.  I’m not sure if she still has hers, but I still have mine.  Even though I didn’t keep that vow to save myself for marriage, I currently wear it as a symbol that I know God has forgiven me and that I won’t make the same mistake again.  Yes, I’m 35 years old and saving myself for marriage.

12.   I used to teach the preteen Sunday School class at my childhood church.

13.   I love to sing, but I get nervous singing around or in front of a lot of people.

14.   I have naturally curly hair.

15.   I wish I had straight hair.

16.   I have blue eyes.

17.   I love watching St. Louis Cardinals Baseball and I have since I was a kid.

18.   I used to collect baseball cards when I was a kid. 

19.   My favorite baseball card from my collection is my Ozzie Smith Rookie card.

20.   While I have a television, I haven’t had cable or satellite in about 6 years or so.

21.   What “television” or movies I watch are watched mostly on Netflix.

22.   I graduated from Emmanuel Baptist Christian School.

23.   I was the only high school graduate that year.

24.   I was privileged to graduate one year early.

25.   I’m currently enrolled in college and I am majoring in Psychology and Health and Human Services.

26.   I have never had any piercings, not even my earlobes.

27.   I have no tattoos.

28.   My favorite color is green.

29.   I have been engaged to be married twice; however, I have never been married.  My first engagement was when I was 16 (yup, I now realize I was way too young) and my second engagement was to my daughter’s father, but we never got around to tying the knot.

30.   The dispensed soap that we use at work makes my hands peel and become extremely dry so I have to use special soap for sensitive skin.

31.   My favorite food would be anything Italian.

32.   I had my first child, a daughter when I was 22.

33.   I gave birth to my second child, a son, when I was 28.

34.   About 8 months after I gave birth to my son, I found out that more than likely he had a twin that I miscarried early on in my pregnancy.  Can you imagine two Justices?!?!  LOL

35.   My birthday is May 4.

36.   I have only regularly attended 3 different Churches my entire life.

37.   When I was a teenager, I wanted to get married and literally have a busload of kids.  I’m talking lots of kids like the Duggars!  LOL

38.   I don’t like raw celery, but I like to eat it if it is cooked in vegetable soup.

39.   The only names I gave my son were his first and last names.  My daughter actually picked out his middle name, Shay.  She wanted to name him after their Aunt Shay.

40.   There are meanings behind why I named both my children their names.

41.   I was named after a little girl my mother babysat when she was a teenager.

42.   I love movies that make me cry.

43.   I have a Bible that I keep in my car.  It comes in handy for when I have to sit in my car and wait whether it is in a drive thru or if I get to work early I sometimes read before I go inside.  My thoughts are that life gets so busy and if there is down time where I have nothing to do but wait, then why not use that time wisely and read the Word of God.

44.   When at home, I read my Bible on my I pad.

45.   I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers.

46.   I am the youngest child in my family.

47.   I am the only child that my parents have together.  All my other brothers and sisters were with other spouses of one of my parents.

48.   The longest I have ever held a job was 2 months short of 10 years.

49.   I listen to mostly Contemporary Christian music.

50.   My favorite song right now would probably be “Just Say Jesus” by 7eventh Time Down.
 

51.   I believe that God can speak to us in our dreams.

52.   I have actually had several dreams that actually came to pass.  Most were what seem to be silly dreams like dreaming someone got a haircut or shaved off their beard, etc.

53.   I do not know how to swim.

54.   My dad only spanked me one time when I was growing up.

55.   My mom is my best friend.

56.   My biggest fear is probably the fear of snakes.

57.   I enjoy writing unless it’s a research paper!  LOL

58.   I really want to be a counselor or something in which I can work with teenagers.

59.   I love to daydream.

60.   I tend to over think every situation.

61.   I am very tenderhearted. 

62.   I am a shy and quiet person.

63.   I have never flown on an airplane.

64.   I believe everything happens for a reason, even me writing LaDawn 101 and you taking the time to read it. :)

65.   I am a reliable person. 

66.   I tend to have the bad habit of procrastination, especially when it comes to schoolwork.  (In which case, I am currently procrastinating right now.  LOL)

67.   My favorite Scripture is Isaiah 40:31. “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.”

68.   I have a clock that no longer tells time, but I keep it because it belonged to my Grandma Sue.

69.   If I could have one prayer answered right now, it would be that God would have His Will in my life.

70.   I’m not a materialistic person.  I don’t need the finer things in life to be happy. 

71.   As a teenager, I always thought it would be awesome to get married at Busch Stadium.  I sometimes still think it would be pretty cool.

72.   I would love to watch a game in every MLB ballpark.

73.   I have lived in 4 towns my entire life.  All in the state of Missouri (Dexter, Bloomfield, Moberly, & Higbee).

74.   I have never had a speeding ticket.

75.   My favorite fruit is probably pineapple.

76.   I love eating raw tomatoes straight from the garden.  Just give me a salt shaker and a mater and you have yourself one happy girl.

77.   When I was a little girl, I called corn on the cob, “cob on the corn”.  When visiting my Grandparents in Arkansas, my Grandma Verdie always made sure I got my “cob on the corn”.  :)

78.   Out of all the States, I have always wanted to visit Alaska more than any other State.  I’m not sure why, it just fascinates me for some reason.

79.   The only amusement park rides that I like are the water rides.

80.   I don’t mind cooking, but the worst chore ever is washing dishes.

81.   My favorite soda is Cherry 7up.

82.   I have never had a broken bone.

83.   I have a bad habit of biting my fingernails.

84.   I became an aunt at the age of two.

85.   I have fair skin and can easily get a sunburn.

86.   I sometimes wish that I was more outgoing.

87.   My favorite cereal is Cocoa Pebbles.

88.   My favorite restaurant is probably Olive Garden.

89.   I love pecan pie.

90.   I love the smell of a freshly sliced cucumber.

91.   I would rather be cold than be hot.

92.   My favorite cologne for a man to wear is Derek Jeter Driven by Avon.  That smell could make any girl fall in love!  LOL

93.   I am not easily angered.  It actually takes a lot to get me upset.

94.   I’m not fond of wearing a coat.  I’d much rather throw on a hoodie.

95.   Someone recently gave me a recipe for Taco Soup.  It’s my new favorite soup!

96.   I like to do couponing, but I really haven’t had time for it lately.

97.   I’m not a big fan of animals in the house.  Nothing against anyone who does, I just don’t want any in my house.

98.   I’m an honest person and if there is one thing that I dislike, it is someone who will lie to me.

99.   I am very impatient.  It is something that I have been trying to work on.

100.  I don’t like to take medicine and I’m not sure why but I won’t take it unless I absolutely just have to.

101.  One thing I learned about myself by doing this blog post is that my brain doesn’t seem to work as fast as it used to.  It took me 3 days to think of 101 facts about myself! 
 
   Well, there you have it.  I hope you made it to the end without falling asleep, if so, then you just got schooled in LaDawn 101!

No comments:

Post a Comment